Table of Contents
- 1 TOPIC — Jesus: The Only Way (RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual 23 September 2018)
- 2 BIBLE PASSAGE: John 3:1-21 (RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual 23 September 2018)
- 3 OUTLINES: SIGNS THAT YOU NEED HELP. JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY OUT
Lesson 4 Student Manual RCCG Sunday School 23 September 2018
TOPIC — Jesus: The Only Way (RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual 23 September 2018)
MEMORY VERSE: “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” – John 14:6 (scroll down for RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL 23 SEPTEMBER 2018 HYMN)
BIBLE PASSAGE: John 3:1-21 (RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual 23 September 2018)
1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. Lesson 4 STUDENT Manual RCCG Sunday School 23 September 2018
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
INTRODUCTION: Many people are lost and aimlessly wandering in the wilderness of life. Unfortunately they may not realize their state of helplessness and hopelessness because the devil has blindfolded them. (John 12:14;2 Corinthians 4:4). Thank God! There is a way out for you.
OUTLINES: SIGNS THAT YOU NEED HELP. JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY OUT
SIGNS THAT YOU NEED HELP:
1. Insatiable hunger: Are you hungry? Not physically hungry, but do you have a hunger for something more in life? Is there something deep inside of you that never seems to be satisfied? If so, that hunger is for God and Jesus is the answer! (Isa 55:1-2; john 6:35)
2. Confusion: Are you confused? Can you never seem to find a path or purpose in life? Does it seems like someone has turn off the light and you cannot find the switch? If so, Jesus is the way out. (John 8 :12; 9:5)
3. Closed doors: Do you ever feel like you are lock out of life? Have you ever tried so many doors, only to find that what is behind them is empty and meaningless? Are you looking for an entrance into fulfilling life? If so, Jesus is the door (John 10:7,9; Isa 22:22).
4. Disappointment: Do other people always let you down? Have your relationship been shallow and empty? Does it seem like everyone is trying to take advantage of you? If so, Jesus is the way! (John 10:11,14).
5. Hopelessness: Do you wonder what happens after this life? Are you tired of living your life for things that rot and rust? Do you sometimes doubt whether life had any meaning? Do you want to live after you die? If so, Jesus is the way out (John 11:25-26; 14:1-2,18).
JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY OUT:
The reason you feel hungry, the reason you seem to be lost in darkness, the reason you cannot find meaning in life, is that you are separated from God. The Bible tells us that we have all sinned, and are, therefore, separated from God (Ecclesiastes 7:20, Roman’s 3:23). We were created to have a relationship with God. Because of our sins, we are separated from the relationship. Even worse, our sin will cause us to be separated from God for all of eternity in life and next (Roman’s 6:23; Isa 59:1-2; John 3:36).
Jesus took our sins upon Himself (Isa 53:4-5; 2 Corinthians 5:21) and died in our place (Roman’s 5:8), taking the punishment that we deserve. Three days later, Jesus rose from the dead, proving His victory over sin and death (Roman’s 6:4-5). Jesus died so that we could live (John 15:13). If we place our faith in Jesus, trusting His death as the payment for our sins, all of our sins are forgiven and washed away. We will then have our spiritual hunger satisfied (Matthew 5:6). The lights will be turn on (1 John 1:5-7). We will have access to fulfilling life (Jeremiah 29:11). We will know our true best friend and good shepherd (John 10:14). We will know that we will have life after we die- a resurrected life in Heaven for eternity with Jesus (John 3:16)
CONCLUSION: Lesson 4 STUDENT Manual RCCG Sunday School 23 September 2018
The hunger that you feel is a spiritual hunger, and can only be satisfied by Jesus. He is the life, in this world and the next. Jesus is the only way to God for our salvation!
1. Mention four sign that indicates the need for help.
2. What makes Jesus the only way to salvation?
For further reading: 2 Corinthians 4:4, Romans 2:23, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Romans 5:8
HYMN Lesson 4 STUDENT Manual RCCG Sunday School 23 September 2018
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day, Thy friendship suits me well,
Both young and old will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?