BASIC SCRIPTURE Manna Devotional 18th October 2023
BASIC SCRIPTURE: JOHN 6:1-13
Daily Bible Reading: John 6:1-13 (KJV):
1 After these things Jesus went over the sea of Galilee, which is the sea of Tiberias.
2 And a great multitude followed him because they saw his miracles which he did on them that were diseased.
3 And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there he sat with his disciples.
4 And the Passover, a feast of the Jews, was nigh.
5 When Jesus then lifted up his eyes and saw a great company come unto him, he saith unto Philip, Whence shall we buy bread that these may eat?
6 And this he said to prove him, for he himself knew what he would do.
7 Philip answered him, Two hundred pennyworth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may take a little.
8 One of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, saith unto him,
9 There is a lad here which hath five barley loaves and two small fishes, but what are they among so many?
10 And Jesus said, Make the men sit down. Now, there was much grass in the place. So, the men sat down, in number about five thousand.
11 And Jesus took the loaves, and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples and the disciples to them that were set down, and likewise of the fishes as much as they would.
12 When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.
13 Therefore they gathered them together and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves, which remained over and above unto them that had eaten.
This passage tells the story of the miraculous feeding of the five thousand with just five barley loaves and two small fish, demonstrating Jesus’ divine power and provision. It’s a powerful reminder of God’s ability to meet our needs and provide abundantly.
Support the Good work on this Blog Donate in $ God Bless you
GET FREE UPDDATE VIA EMAIL
Feel free to reflect on this passage, pray, and draw inspiration from this miraculous event as you go about your day on October 18, 2023.
- Prayer of Gratitude: Heavenly Father, We come before you with hearts full of gratitude, just as the multitude did when they witnessed the miraculous feeding of the five thousand. We thank you for your abundant provision in our lives, for the way you multiply our meager offerings, and for your ever-present love and care. You are the God of miracles, and we praise you for your faithfulness. Amen.
- Prayer for Faith: Dear Lord, As we read about the disciples’ initial doubts and concerns when faced with the impossible task of feeding the multitude, we recognize our own moments of doubt and insecurity. We pray for increased faith and trust in your ability to work miracles in our lives. Help us to believe that with you, all things are possible. Amen.
- Prayer for Sharing and Generosity: Gracious God, We are moved by the example of the young boy who willingly shared his meager meal, which you used to perform a great miracle. Teach us to be more generous, to share what we have, and to trust that you can use our offerings to bless others in ways we cannot imagine. May we be instruments of your love and provision in the world. Amen.
- Prayer for Daily Bread: Our Father, Just as you provided daily bread for the crowds, we come before you, asking for our daily sustenance, both physical and spiritual. Give us what we need to face each day, and help us to remember that you are the ultimate source of our nourishment and strength. We rely on you, Lord. Amen.
- Prayer for the Needy: Compassionate God, We pray for all those who are in need, just as the multitude was hungry. May you provide for them, bless them with abundance, and grant them the support and nourishment they require. Use us as your instruments to extend your love and care to those in need. Amen.
- Prayer for Witnessing Your Miracles: Lord of Miracles, Open our eyes to the miraculous works you are constantly performing in our lives and in the lives of others. Help us to be attentive to your presence and to share the stories of your miracles with others, that they too may come to know and believe in your greatness. Amen.
May these prayers help you connect with the powerful message and lessons from John 6:1-13 and deepen your faith and trust in God’s provision and miraculous works in your life.
Daily Bible Reading Devotional 18th October 2023