Table of Contents
RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual July 29, 2018 Lesson 48 — Rapture: Purpose And Qualifications
TOPIC — Rapture: Purpose And Qualifications [RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual, 29th July 2018]
“2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.” – John 14:2-3 (scroll down for RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual July 29, 2018 HYMN)
BIBLE PASSAGE: 1 Corinthians 15:50-53 (RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual July 29, 2018)
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
INTRODUCTION: RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual July 29, 2018
Our last lesson revealed the meaning of the word, rapture. We also discovered events surrounding the rapture as regards timing and other issues. Today’s lesson will show us the reasons, the qualification as well as fallacies surrounding the rapture. May the good Lord teach our hearts and bless our lives with His truth by His Spirit, in Jesus’ name.
1. Why will the rapture take place?
2. Who will be raptured?
GET FREE UPDDATE VIA EMAIL
WHY WILL THE RAPTURE TAKE PLACE?
The rapture will take place:
1. To resurrect the just of all ages from among the dead (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17, Psalm 50:1-6).
2. To take the saints out of the world before the tribulation (Luke 21:34-36; 2 Thessalonians 2:7-8; 1 Thessalonians 1:10).
3. That Jesus Christ might present to Himself a Church without spots or wrinkles (Ephesians 5:27; John 14:1-3).
4. To transform or change the bodies of all faithful saints from mortality to immortality (Philippians 3:20-21; 1 Corinthians 15:21-23, 42-44, 51-58).
5. To assemble the saints at the marriage supper of the Lamb (Revelations 19:1-10).
6. To allow the revelation of the anti-Christ (2 Thessalonians 2:1-8).
7. To present saints to God the Father (1 Thessalonians 3:13; Jude 24).
8. To make the saints whole in body, soul and spirit (1John 3:2-3; Romans 8:22-23).
WHO WILL BE RAPTURED?
The following set of people shall be raptured:
1. Those who are in Christ at His coming (John 1:12; 2 Corinthians 5:17).
2. Those who earnestly desire His appearance (Titus 2:13; Philippians 3:20).
3. Those who love the Lord supremely (Philippians 3:7-10; John 21:15-17; John 14:15; Mark 16:15-18; Luke 19:12-13). RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual July 29, 2018
4. Those whose citizenship is in Heaven (Philippians 3:20-21; Ephesians 2:19; Hebrews 11:10, 16).
5. Those who will live holy even as He is holy (1 Peter 1:16; Hebrews 12:14; 1John 3:1-3).
Let us be sober in watchfulness (1Thessalonians 5:6), always fellowshipping together (Hebrews 10:25) and keeping the unity of the faith in the bond of peace (Ephesians 4:3).
1. State six reasons the rapture should take place.
2. Mention the categories of people that would be raptured.
Also Read: RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual 22 July 2018 Lesson 47 — Description Of Rapture
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL 29TH JULY, 2018 HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day, Thy friendship suits me well,
Both young and old will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School. RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual July 29, 2018
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?