RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual April
TOPIC: Conflict Management In The Family [Sunday, 15th April 2018]
MEMORY VERSE: ‘’Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men” – Romans 12:17 (scroll down for SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN)
7 And there was a strife between the herdmen of Abram’s cattle and the herdmen of Lot’s cattle: and the Canaanite and the Perizzite dwelled then in the land.
8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren.
9 Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left.
Previously We Studied
- RCCG Sunday School STUDENT’s Manual April 8th, 2018 Lesson 32 — Divorce: Not An Option
- Sunday School TEACHER’s Manual For RCCG 8th April 2018 : Lesson 32 – Divorce: Not An Option
- Live Stream RCCG Holy Ghost Service Theme: Stronger Than Your Enemies 4
INTRODUCTION: RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual April
A family is defined as a group of people related by blood, marriage, law (e.g adoption) or custom. Generally, conflict can be defined as strong disagreement between people, groups, etc, that results in often angry argument. Conflict management is the practice of being able to identify and handle conflicts sensibly, fairly and efficiently. Conflict is inevitable. No relationship is perfect or conflict free, but conflict when managed biblically can serve as a catalyst for change and opportunity for a good family growth.
1. Conflict in the family and its causes
2. Biblical ways of managing conflicts within the family.
CONFLICT IN THE FAMILY AND ITS CAUSES
Conflict in the family may arise from misunderstandings among members of the family that is parent-children, spouse-in-law, etc. Contradictory interest among members of the family can also be another factor. Other causes of conflict in the family may include:
1. Incompatibility (Amos 3:3)
2. Unresolved disagreement (Ephesians 4:26-27)
3. Lack of trust (Proverbs 31:11)
4. Unforgiveness (2Corinthians 2:10-11).
5. Communication gap (Hebrews 13:16)
6. Unfaithfulness (Genesis 39:7-12).
7. Financial challenges (1 Timothy 6:8-10)
8. Lack of genuine love (Colossians 3:19; 1Peter 1:22).
BIBLICAL WAYS OF MANAGING CONFLICTS WITHIN THE FAMILY
GET FREE UPDDATE VIA EMAIL
1. Examine yourselves (Psalm 26:2; 2 Corinthians 13:5).
2. Love God and put Him at the centre of your family (Deuteronomy 6:4-5).
3. Forgive one another (Luke 17:3; Ephesians 4:26).
4. Communication effectively and resolve all conflicts as fast as possible (Romans 12:17-18).
5. Maintain openness and sincerity with one another (Genesis 2:25).
6. Live a life of humility (Proverbs 29:23; Jeremiah 13:18).
7. Love one another (1Peter 1:22).
8. Revenge not yourself for wrongs done against you (Romans 12:19).
9. Commit your ways to the Lord (Psalm 37:5).
10. Take every matter to God in prayers (James 5:16).
Conflict is inevitable in the family. However, every conflict should be resolved in the fear and love of God.
1. Mention 5 causes of conflicts in the family?
2. What are the biblical ways of managing conflicts within the family?
Click to read previous RCCG Sunday School STUDENT’s Manual April 8th, 2018 Lesson 32 — Divorce: Not An Option
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day, Thy friendship suits me well,
Both young and old will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?