Support the Good work on this Blog Donate in $ God Bless you
RCCG LOWER JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023
AGE 13-19 STUDENT’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 10TH OF SEPTEMBER, 2023
LESSON TWO (2)
TOPIC: WHO DESERVES GRATITUDE 1: GOD
BIBLE TEXT: Luke 17:11-19
And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee.
And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:
And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.
And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.
And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,
And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.
And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?
There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.
And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.
MEMORY VERSE: Psalm 100:3 – Know ye that the LORD he is God it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
CENTRAL TRUTH: We are to be grateful to God because He is our Creator and Father.
INTRODUCTION: God’s love towards mankind is so awesome that we cannot describe it. The death of His only begotten Son on the Cross earned us Salvation. His wonderful acts and blessings are innumerable. Looking at all these and more, we discover that God indeed deserves our gratitude.
GET FREE UPDDATE VIA EMAIL
•WHY GOD DESERVES OUR GRATITUDE?
• He deserves our praise and gratitude because He is God, the Alpha and Omega, the very beginning and end. There’s none like Him, neither is there any to be compared to Him – Rev. 1:8.
• He gave us salvation even at the cost of His only begotten Son Jesus Christ – John 3:16, 2 Tim. 1:9.
• He has a plan for us which will never fail – Jer. 29:11.
• He is …………………. – Luke 12:24
• He is kind and merciful despite our shortcomings and flaws – Ps. 136:1; Lam. 3:22-23, Ps. 100:5.
• ……………………… – John 17:3.
Also see; rccg-annual-january-2023-thanksgiving-service-with-pastor-e-a-adeboye
•HOW TO SHOW GRATITUDE TO GOD
• Give Him thanks always – Ps. 103:1-5.
• Be specific in your thanksgiving – Ps. 103:2.
• Share your testimonies of God’s goodness – Ps. 105:1-5.
• Serve Him ……………… – Rom. 12:1, Psalm 100:2.
• Give Him a sacrifice of thanksgiving – Psalm 100:4.
• Develop a habit of always thanking God – 1 Thess 5:18.
•WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GIVE THANKS?
• You ……………………. – Phil. 4:6-7
• It guards our hearts from thinking negatively – Phil. 4:6-7.
• You position yourself to receive more – Luke 17:15-19.
LIFE APPLICATION: If you feel like there’s nothing to really thank God for, thank Him for life, thank Him for all that has been made available to you freely, including the breath of life. Cultivate the habit of saying “Thank you. Jesus” as many times as possible every day; this helps you live in the consciousness of His presence.
CONCLUSION: God deserves our gratitude because of His loving kindness and tender mercies towards us and there is really nothing we can give to Him, other than our thanks. We experience God’s goodness and blessings in our lives on a daily basis, all around us and in all that we do. Therefore, He deserves our thanks always.
TODAY’S LESSON REFLECTION:
What truth have you learnt in today’s lesson?
Write down one way in which you are going to apply what you now know.