Table of Contents
GET FREE UPDDATE VIA EMAIL
Join 5,733 other subscribers
RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023
AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 21ST OF MAY, 2023
LESSON THIRTY EIGHT (38)
TOPIC: REVISION 6/ SUMMARY
– The teacher is to revise the previous lessons with the Teenagers
– You can also ask them questions to questions to ensure the lessons have been well understood
– Please, remember to tell your class to review the previous lessons during the week before the revision day
– Remember that next week is qui
THIRD INTERACTIVE SESSION
Please note the following:
1. Make the interactive session interesting.
2. Ensure that the Teens participate by allowing them to contribute and stating what they have learnt as well as asking questions.
3. Prepare your own questions and quiz that you will ask them based on the previous lessons.
4. You may give gifts to those that perform well in the quiz.
5. Create avenue for the Teens to give useful suggestions on how the Sunday School Class can be improved.
QUIZ 3: You should ask them the questions on these areas below and you can add to it;
1. Ask the Teens to mention the lesson topics.
2 Test them on the Bible passages of each lesson.
3. Ask them to recite the memory verses.
4. Test them on the text for each lesson
5. You may ask questions from the Activity parts as well.
6. Ask them questions on the body of the lessons?
*SUMMARY OF LESSONS 33-37*
*LESSON THIRTY THREE (33)*
*TOPIC: INSPIRATIONAL GIFT 2
(Different Tongues and Interpretation of Tongues)
BIBLE TEXT: 1 Corinthians 12: 4-12; ACTS 2: 1-4.
MEMORY VERSE: Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; in my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
LESSON AIM: Al believers receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit and manifest the Gift of Tongues to glorify and magnify God-Acts 10: 44-48.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Tongues are the Holy Spirit praying, speaking, and singing through you. “For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays,” (1 Corinthians 14:14-15.)
In other words, praying in Tongues or praying in the spirit is your spirit bypassing the limitations of your mind, enabling you to minister beyond your natural understanding (1 Cor. 14:2).
INTRODUCTION: Speaking in tongues is a legitimate gift of the Spirit. The exercise of the gift demands some guidelines (1 Cor. 14:18), so that the purpose of the gift, to help the body of Christ, is not lost.
A.) DIFFERENT TONGUES:
1. Tongues can sometimes be the speaking of a recognizable human language you’ve never learned – an earthly language (Acts 2:6-11)
2. Tongues can also manifest as an angelic language (1 Cor. 13:1)
2. PURPOSES OFTONGUES:
1. Eph. 6:18 – in obedience to God
2.1 Cor. 14:4 – for edification ofbody of Christ.
3. In giving thanks and praise unto God
4. Rm. 8:26-27 – Holy Spirit intercedes for us in alignment with the Father’s heart when praying
5. A key to unlock other gifts
6. Eph. 1:18 – it is the Revelation we receive
7. Eph. 6: 17-17 – as a weapon ofwarfare
CLASS ACTIVITY 1: What is the difference between the gift of tongues and speaking
B.) INTERPRETATION OF TONGUES
According to Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 14:6. an Interpretation of tongues can be a revelation, prophecy, word of instruction or knowledge. The goal of the gift is to speak to people in such a way that they will understand the mind of God.
Examples as found in the Bible:
1. Acts 2:1-8.. the Day of Pentecost
2. Acts 10: 46…Holy Spirit came upon Gentiles in Cornelius House
CLASS ACTIVITY 2: Explain 1 Cor. 14:2: 1 Cor. l4:23, Mk. 16:17; Acts 19:6.
LIFE APPLICATION: “And these signs shall follow then that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues
CONCLUSION: “If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let t it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. “1 Corinthians 14:27-28
*LESSON THIRTY FOUR (34)*
*TOPIC: WALKING AND LIVING IN THE HOLY SPIRIT*
BIBLE TEXT: Galatians 5:16-25
MEMORY VERSE: This I say then, walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5: 16.
LESSON AIM: To teach them on how to walk and live in the spirit.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Your Spirit should control your flesh not the other way round.
INTRODUCTION: Galatians 5:25 “If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit”, According to the oxford dictionary, to live is to remain alive or to make your home in a particular place or with someone. On the other hand, walking in the context of usage in the Bible verse could be a route recommended or marked for special purposes or to guide, accompany or escort someone. Therefore, to live in the Spirit is to remain alive in God and to make Him your home (place of abode and
safety). You walk in the Spirit when you choose the ways of God by prioritizing pleasing God above all else and by allowing the Holy Spirit to accompany and guide you daily. Walking and living in the Holy Spirit is God’s perfect will for us. Living and walking in the Spirit comes from a place of faith (believing, trusting) and willingness (total surrender). Living in the Holy Spirit comes from a place of constant fellowship with God, just as a saying goes, you cannot give what you don’t have. You cannot walk or live in the Holy Spirit if you do not have the Holy Spirit.
A) IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT.
1. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit is God. 2 Cor. 2:11, Eph 4:30
2. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth. John 16:13
3. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Excellence. Dan. 5:12
4. The Holy Spirit is the promise of Jesus Christ to us. John 14:15-18
5. The Holy Spirit is the seal of our inheritance. 2 Cor 1:22
6 The Holy Spirit is our comforter, and teacher.
7. The Holy Spirit is our help in these last days. Acts 2:17
B.) HOW TO LIVE AND WALK IN THE SPIRIT.
1. Subject yourself to God, the Father of Spirits. Heb 12:9
2. Live by the fruit of the Spirit
3. Be a genuine believer. Rev. 3:1.2 Tim 3:5
4. Set your mind on thing of the spirit. Rom. Gal 5:22-23
5. Extend the fruit of the spirit to other people. Gal. 5:22-23
6. Commit yourself to the leading of the Holy Spirit. Rom. 8:14, Isa.30:21
7. Be conscious of your status as a child of God and be mindful of how you always represent God in the world. Matt.17:20
C.) BENEFITS OF WALKING AND LIVING IN THE SPIRIT
1. It becomes easy for you to overcome the desires of the flesh. Gal 5;16
2. You will be empowered to obey God and do His will. Ezek. 36:27
3. Walking in the spirit sets you free from condemnation. Rom 8:1
4. It helps to retain our righteousness, Rom 8:4
5. You will be a good ambassador of Christ. Matt 7:20.2 Cor 5:20
DISCUSSION: What are the hindrances to living and walking in the Spirit?
CONCLUSION: In our daily lives, we need the Holy Spirit to guide and lead us, thus, walking and living in the Holy Spirit is not an option but a necessity, let’s try our very best to walk in the spirit and not in the flesh. It is very possible to live and walk in the Spirit, our faith with love for God as the bedrock will keep us constantly
in fellowship with God.
*LESSON THIRTY FIVE (35)*
*TOPIC: WORSHIPING IN SPIRIT*
BIBLE TEXT: John 4:23-24.
MEMORY VERSE: For God is the King of all the earth; Sing ye praises with understanding. Psalms 47:7
LESSON AIM: To understand how to worship in Spirit and it’s importance.
CENTRAL TRUTH: To truly worship God is to know God.
INTRODUCTION: The flesh indeed profits nothing eternal (just temporary) that’s why our God commanded us to worship in Spirit which is the only true way to get your worship acceptable to God. The opposite of worshiping in Spirit is worshiping in the flesh which is a fruitless effort. Psalm 47:7 tells us to worship
with understanding. We are to mean every word or action during worship we shouldn’t do eye service to be an eye service is to entertain, we don’t come to church to entertain we come to be edified.
A:) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO wORSHIP?
Worship means adoring, reverencing, honouring, glorifying, giving top priority to
someone or something.
B:) HOW TO WORSHIPIN SPIRIT
1. You have to be a child of God, for God inhabits the praises of His Children
2. You need to have a pure heart. We are to cry unto God out of a pure heart, not a heart of unforgiveness, full of evil imagination etc. We can maintain a pure heart by constantly renewing your mind with the word of God.
3. You have to be willingly grateful, many people have to be cajoled before they praise God, to worship God in spirit you have to really mean it.
C:) BENEFITS OFWORSHIPING IN SPIRIT
1. You will fulfill purpose.The main purpose we were created is to glorify God. When you constantly glorify God you will do well (your tomnorrow will be alright)
2. You become a good example for others to follow
3. You become more blessed When you are grateful you receive more
4. You will have all-round victory, God will fight your battles for you.
5. You will live long. In one of the Psalms of King David (Psalm 30:9) he asked from God shall the dust praise thee?. Can you say that to God when you are not genuinely worshiping God.
DISCUSSION: If you don’t worship God will you still make Heaven?
LIFE APPLICATION: Worshiping in Spirit should be the lifestyle of every Christian Worship God daily teach your younger ones to worship God in Spirit too.
CONCLUSION: Worshiping God daily in Spirit is only possible from a place of knowing God just as Daniel 11:32 says those that know their God shall be strong and do exploits. When you know your God, you will worship Him better.
*LESSON THIRTY SIX (36)*
*TOPIC: EXCELLENT SPIRIT*
BIBLE TEXT: Daniel 1:19-20
MEMORY VERSE: Then this Daniel was preferred above the president and princes, because an excellent spirit was in him, and the king thought to set him over the whole realm. Daniel 6:3
LESSON AIM: To learn to walk in Excellence through the spirit of excellence.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Excellent Spirit is your inheritance in Christ Jesus.
INTRODUCTION: Excellent Spirit is from God; to access it, you have to be for God, just as Daniel did. In our Bible text, Daniel and his friends were found ten times better than their peers, this shows us how excellent Spirit can distinguish and cause one to even shine ten times brighter than others, that’s really amazing. The excellent Spirit is also known as the spirit of God (the Holy Spirit). Excellent spirit is available to all.
A)WHAT IS AN EXCELLENT SPIRIT?
It is a Spirit that enhances you to go ahead and beyond what is required of you, it is also the quality of being outstanding and extremely good with a high moral standard.
B) HOW TO HAVE AN EXCELLENT SPIRIT
To have an excellent spirit is to have the Holy Spirit, to have the Holy Spirit you have to be born again. Jesus has paid the price, so once you have the Holy spirit, you have an excellent spirit inside of you. In the old testament, only a few number of people could have an excellent spirit in them but now the Vail is torn and we all have free access through Jesus Christ.
C) HOW TO MAINTAIN AN EXCELLENT SPIRIT
1. You have to be humble, an excellent spirit exhorts one, but once pride sets in God will redraw his spirit just as He did to King Saul and his end was horrible.
2. You have to be a true worshiper always giving all the glory to God. Just as Daniel did in Daniel 6:21 -22. He never said it was by his power he escaped the lion’s den.
3. You have to be obedient. Don’t be wise in your own eyes for to obey is better than to sacrifice. Don’t make the mistake of King Saul.
4. Grow in the Knowledge of God, let it remain in your memory, for to know God is to do exploits.
5. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit.
D) EXAMPLES OF PEOPLE THAT HAD EXCELLENT SPIRITS IN THE BIBLE
We have to understand that the spirit of God is an excellent spirit and not only Daniel had an excellent spirit in the Bible, other people had the Spirit i.e: King David (it was noted several times in the Bible and God was with David)1 Samuel 18:12&14 etc.
DISCUSSION: Mention other people who had the spirit of God in them in the Bible apart from King David and Daniel.
LIFE APPLICATION: We can all be excellent people if we genuinely stand for God where ever we find ourselves. Excellence is God’s will for us let us walk in it daily.
CONCLUSION: It’s awesome to have the Spirit of Excellence, but we have to be very careful not to lose it. The people who lost the spirit of God in them do not end up well. You may see worldly people doing well too but just know this, do not envy.them for their end is destruction.
*LESSON THIRTY SEVEN (37)*
*TOPIC: GRIEVING THE HOLY SPIRIT*
BIBLE TEXT: Ephesians 4:29-32
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
MEMORY VERSE: Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereas ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
LESSON AIM: To learn how not to grieve the Holy Spirit IN OUR DAILY LIVES.
CENTRAL TRUTH: To grieve the Holy Spirit is to grieve God.
INTRODUCTION: First we have to understand that the Holy Spirit is a person not a thing, because many don’t treat the Holy Spirit as a person, the Holy Spirit got feelings too and can be grieved.
According to our memory verse, we were sealed for redemption through the Holy Spirit, so it’s very important not to grieve the Holy Spirit. When you Grieve the Holy Spirit He leaves you, also when you do that you displease God, For the Holy Spirit, God and Jesus is one according to Matthew 28:19.
A.) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO GRIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT?
– To Grieve according to the English dictionary means
– To cause sorrow or distress.
– To feel very sad about something or someone.
– To grieve the Holy Ghost means to quench Him.
– To quench the Holy Ghost in you means to live with your own preferences rather than believe and living in God’s precepts.
– To grieve the Holy Spirit also means to go against Him. To grieve to the Holy Spirit also mean to disobey Him.
B.) HOW TO LIVE A LIFE THAT DOESN’T GRIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT?
1. By being truthful at all times: The HOLY SPIRIT is the Spirit of Truth. When you live a life full of lies you are grieving the Holy Spirit.
2. Walk in faith at all times not in unbelief. We received the Holy Spirit through faith, therefore it’s important to continue to walk in Faith.
3. Be humble at all times. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God and of course, God resists the proud. Be a humble child of God.
4. Love: The greatest commandment is to love God with all your might and heart and to love your neighbor as yourself. The Bible also says in Romans 5: 5 that the love of God is poured into our heart by the Holy Spirit. So, if you walk in hate you are going against the Holy Spirit.
5. Guard your heart with all diligence and continually renew your mind with the word of God for your body is the temple of God.
DISCUSSION: Is grieving the Holy Spirit the same as blaspheming against the Holy Spirit? Why?
LIFE APPLICATION: It’s very terrible to grieve the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit is our Helper and when you grieve Him, you leave yourself helpless. The Holy Spirit is our comforter and teacher too. However, do not grieve the Holy Spirit, because when you do that, you are walking against yourself. Live daily pleasing the Holy Spirit.
CONCLUSION: Grieving the Holy Spirit doesn’t always end up well. The earlier you stop the better. It is very possible to live a life that doesn’t grieve the Holy Spirit so make up your mind today to be obedient to the Holy Spirit. When you do that, blessings will fill your life.
ATTENTION: Next week is Revision Day and the following week is Quiz and Interactive Day. Let us read up our past lessons and prepare for the revision and quiz with our teens. God bless you.