Seeds of Destiny THERAPY FOR LOW SELF-ESTEEM 2 March 2022
Seeds of Destiny 2 March 2022THERAPY FOR LOW SELF-ESTEEM 2 March 2022
SCRIPTURE: And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight. Numbers 13:33
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: No one can devalue you without your permission; and no one can esteem you without your participation.
Low self-esteem is devaluation, undervaluation or misevaluation of self. It is called the grasshopper mentality or inferiority complex.
Low self-esteem causes people to lose their joy. This is because you cannot feel good about life if you do not feel good about yourself. Low self-esteem affects joy; it destroys joy, excitement, energy and enthusiasm. You can never be excited if you do not feel well about yourself. Low self-esteem destroys performance and competence. Low self-esteem is destructive to life and destiny.
Now, what is the therapy for low self-esteem?
1. See yourself as God sees you (Psalm 139:14).
2. Decide to turn your liability into an asset. There are no disadvantages in God. Anything people say that seems not to be an advantage in your life, there is an advantage in it. Handover your weakness to God (2 Cor. 12:10).
3. Renew your mind with the Word of God (Romans 12:2).
4. Reject the spirit of low self-esteem. No one can devalue you without your permission and no one can esteem you without your participation. So, carry yourself well; reject every word that devalues you (Numbers 13:33).
5. Avoid every climate that emphasises your deficiency. Do not hang around people who tolerate you (1 Cor. 15:33). Hang around those who celebrate you.
6. Seek spiritual help to deal with the spirit of heaviness and depression. The spirit of heaviness can be addressed (Isaiah 61:3).
Remember this: No one can devalue you without your permission and no one can esteem you without your participation.
GET FREE UPDDATE VIA EMAIL
1. Do all within your powers to defend your joy; no one can do it for you.
2. Saturate your life with worship, upbeat Gospel music.
3. Avoid going to where you are taken for granted.
PRAYER: Thank You Lord for the privilege of being called Your own. Thank You for making me in Your image. I am royalty, a special child of the King of kings. Nothing can devalue me, Lord in Jesus’ Name.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: THIEVES OF JOY.
DAILY BIBLE READING: 2 Samuel 5-8
QUOTE: Imagination defines destination. Your mind determines where you end: there are no two ways about it. Culled from “22 LAWS OF LIFE” (VOL. 2) by Dr Paul Enenche.
AMAZING FACT: Dogs are capable of understanding up to 250 words and gestures. The average dog is as intelligent as a two-year-old child. The creatures point to God.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: The spell of inferiority is broken in your life in Jesus’ Name. The Royalty of your life comes out now in Jesus’ Name.