Seeds of Destiny 23 May 2018
Topic: Diligence; A Key To Destiny Fulfilment [Seeds of Destiny Wednesday, May 23, 2018]
Scripture: Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. Ecclesiastes 9:10
Seeds of Destiny 23 May 2018
Thought For The Day: You cannot sow average and reap excellence; you cannot sow mediocrity and reap authority.
Some time ago, I heard an insightful story about two sisters: they are twins, that is, products of one conception. While they were growing up in life, one of them always cleared the table after lunch or dinner, kept the house in order and did other necessary chores, but the other one just sat down and did nothing, at best, she watched television.
Later on in life, both of them grew up into individuals with different aptitudes. The diligent sister became the chief executive officer of a major commercial bank, while the indolent one who always watched television ended up being inconsequential and insignificant in life.
Beloved, the lesson is: how you live determines how you end. You cannot sow average and reap excellence; you cannot sow mediocrity and reap authority; what you sow is what you will surely reap.
Now, what are my counsels?
1. Do not work half-heartedly so you do not end empty-handedly. Anything worth doing at all is worth doing wholeheartedly. Serve, love, give, lead, learn and study with all your heart. As a young and single lady, leave any young man who claims to be in a relationship with you but does it half-heartedly and would not introduce you to his parents.
2. As parents, never allow your children to be idle if you do not want their destinies to be useless; never allow them to put their hands in their pockets while others are putting their hands on the deck to work.
3. Arise and live at your best so you can end as the best.
Remember this: You cannot sow average and reap excellence; you cannot sow mediocrity and reap authority.
Assignments: Seeds of Destiny 23 May 2018
1. Decide to be dedicated to your duty.
2. Refuse to live a lifestyle of laziness; be diligent.
3. Avoid mediocrity; be excellent in all your conducts and endeavours.
Prayer: O Lord, I ask for the grace for excellent work. Help me never to drag my feet through life, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: DESTINY CAPSULES (PART 5).
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 2:12 to 3:39, John 13:1 to 30, Psalm 119:1 to 16, Proverbs 15:29 to 30
Amazing Fact: A single cloud can weigh more than 1 million pounds.
Today In History: 23/05/1785 – Benjamin Franklin wrote in a letter that he had invented bifocals.
Quote: The higher you want to fly in life, the harder you will have to work. Culled from 30 SECRETS TO THE TOP by Dr Paul Enenche.
“If you missed yesterday devotional, please click to read Seeds of Destiny by Pastor Paul Enenche“
Seeds of Destiny 23 May 2018 written by Pastor Paul Enenche of the Dunamis International Gospel Centre (DIGC), headquartered at Abuja, Nigeria, with Pastor Paul and Becky Enenche, as the Senior Pastors. It is a power-packed arena where God’s Presence, Principles and Power are at work for the salvation, healing and restoration of human destinies and dignities