Table of Contents
RCCG RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual
TOPIC: Fishing For Men’s Soul [Sunday, 3rd June 2018]
MEMORY VERSE: “And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”– Matthew 4:19 (scroll down for SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN)
BIBLE PASSAGE: Matthew 4:18-25
18 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.
19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.
21 And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them.
22 And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.
23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.
25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.
Few are called to be preachers or evangelists but every born again Christian is called to be a fisher of men. Every born again child of God has the opportunity to deal individually and personally with men’s souls. Fishing for a soul is a definite effort to lead a definite person to accept Christ as Saviour and Lord at a definite time. Andrew brought Peter to Christ (John 1:41-42). You too may be the means of bringing a future world preacher to Christ. Why not start today?’
1. Why must I fish for men’s souls?
2. What do I need to be a fisher of men?
WHY MUST I FISH FOR MEN’S SOULS?
There are several reasons you must be a fisher of men’s souls.
1. Soul is worth more than the whole treasures of this world before God (Mark 8:35-38).
2. The fact of hell. Every unsaved soul will perish forever in hell fire (John 3:18, Revelations 21:8).
3. The suffering of Christ on the cross for each sinner. Believers must fish for men’s souls in order to ensure that Christ did not die in vain (Romans 5:8; 1Peter 3:18).
4. Because the world will pass away and all its pleasures but only those who are in Christ Jesus will abide forever and will inherit all things (1John 2:17; Revelations 21:7).
5. Because there is a great reward for a soul winner (Proverbs 11:30; Daniel 12:3).
WHAT DO I NEED TO BE A FISHER OF MEN?
1. You must be born again and be sure of your salvation. Only the saved can serve (1Peter 1:23).
2. You must be living a pure life. A life surrendered to Jesus Christ and dedicated to Him (1John 3:3).
3. A fisher must be patient, vigilant and hardworking. This is so because the big fish lives in deep waters (1Thessalonians 5:14).
4. You must be prayerful. Prayers remove the obstacles on the path of the fishers and the souls (2Thessalonians 1:11).
5. The one fishing for souls must at least have a fair knowledge of the word of God. You must study the Bible diligently (2Timothy 2:15).
6. The fisher of men needs wisdom to respond to questions agitating the mind of the soul to be won. God gives wisdom liberally (James 1:5).
7. You must be filled with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit gives power for a successful soul fishing (Acts 1:8; Ephesians 5:18).
8. You must have compassion for lost souls, otherwise, you will work with a dead, mechanical, dispassionate concern. Sinners know those who are truly concerned about them (Matthew 9:36).