Table of Contents
Profile of the Assistant General Superintendent Assemblies of God Ghana-Rev. Godwin Tito Agyei
GET FREE UPDDATE VIA EMAIL
Join 876 other subscribers
Profile of the Assistant General Superintendent-Rev. Godwin Tito Agyei
Rev. Godwin Tito Agyei (aka Kwadwo Agyei) was born on 30th December 1963 to the late Opanin Yaw Korang Manu and late Madam Grace Adwoa Pokuaa. He hails from Bamang near Bonwire in the Mamponteng District of the Ashanti Region. Rev. Tito Agyei got converted quite early in life and was baptized in 1980 by Rev. Nicholas Opuni of the Lighthouse (Central) Assembly of God church in Kumasi.
Pastor Tito, as he is affectionately called, got enrolled at the defunct Mid-Ghana Bible School in 1989 and completed in 1991 with a Diploma in Biblical studies. Rev. Ransford Obeng was his pastor during his Bible school days. Rev. Tito Agyei was posted to the New Life Assembly of God in Akrokerri in the Adansi district from 1992 to 1997. In 1996 he was invited to be a part-time lecturer at the then Mid-Ghana Bible College and he faithfully discharged this responsibility until the school became defunct. He was transferred to Grace Assembly of God, Bronkong/Afrancho in the Afigya Kwabere South District of the Ashanti Region where he has been made to be at the post since February 1997.
Rev. Tito Agyei is married to Rev. Mrs. Gladys Agyei (aka Gladys Ofori) since 13th March 1993 and they have four adult children between them and two grandchildren. Rev. Mrs. Gladys Agyei is an ordained Minister of the Assemblies of God Ghana since 2007. She holds a diploma in Biblical Studies from the defunct Mid-Ghana Bible College and a Bachelor of Theology from West African Advanced School of Theology, Lome Togo.
Rev. Tito Agyei has since furthered his theological education in the following schools:
* West African Advanced School of Theology – Bachelor of Theology (2000)
* University of Wales, UK -Postgraduate in Applied Theology
* University of Wales, UK-Postgraduate Diploma in Practical Theology
*Christian Service University College-MA in Christian Ministry with Management
* Southwest Bible College and Seminary, Humble, Texas-Doctorate in Theology (ThD)
LEADERSHIP POSITIONS HELD IN THE CHURCH
1. Senior Prefect – Defunct Mid Ghana Bible College
2. District Secretary-Offinso District
3. District Pastor-Offinso District
4. Regional Secretary – Ashanti Region
5. Regional Superintendent- Ashanti Region
6. Regional Superintendent -Ashanti North Region
LEADERSHIP POSITIONS HELD IN PARACHURCH AND CIVIL ORGANIZATIONS.
1. Vice President – Afrancho /Bronkong Local Council of Churches
2. President – Afrancho/Bronkong Local Council of Churches
3. Vice Chairman-Ghana Pentecostal and Charismatic Council Ashanti Region
4. Vice Chairman – Ghana Evangelism Committee, Ashanti Region.
5. Chairman-Ghana Pentecostal and Charismatic Council, Ashanti Region
6. Member – Peace Council, Ashanti Region
7. Treasurer-Executive Council of Teen Challenge, Ghana