(Open Heaven 18 May 2020)
Memorise: Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; – 1 Timothy 4:1
Read: Mark 13:31-37 (KJV)
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
Bible in One Year: 2 Samuel 19-21
Open Heaven 18 May 2020 Monday MESSAGE:
“Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.” – Mark 13:33
Jesus is coming soon and although no one knows exactly when (Mark 13:32-33), we know some significant occurrences will mark the end of this age (2 Timothy 3:1-3). Some of them are already happening and this is why we must watch out for.
1. Backsliding: Many men of God are departing from the faith. Even some Christian denominations that started on a Bible-based foundation have derailed. They are succumbing to the pressure from the ‘digital’ world. While about a hundred years ago, it would have been unthinkable for any church to debate whether homosexuality should be considered, today it is a bone of contention. Seduction, fornication, adultery, divorce and other abominable practices are now commonplace not only in vestries but also on the altars. Watch and determine not to look back.
2. Wiles of the devil: According to 1 Peter 5:8, the devil is cunning and he wants to deceive unsuspecting and careless believers. He keeps telling the Church, “It is not too bad”; but what is not too bad is still bad. Watch and don’t fall for the trap.
GET FREE UPDDATE VIA EMAIL
3. Temptation: There will be temptations and we have to watch and pray to avoid them (Matthew 26:41). While the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak. You must be armed with the word because it is the sword of the Spirit (Ephesians 6:17).
4. False teachers: Not all teachers and prophets who call on the name of Christ are genuine (Acts 20:29-30). Watch out as hypocrites have crept into the Church like Simon the sorcerer in Acts 8:13-21.
5. The second coming of the Lord: This is the most important of all. 1 Thessalonians 5:6-8 admonishes us not to sleep. Like the wise virgins, we must be awake and prepared.
Perilous times are here; so you will not be a victim of the dangers of the end time.
Open Heaven 18 May 2020 Monday Prayer Point:
Father, deliver me in these perilous times. See me through to the end, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 18 May 2020 Monday Hymn 9: Hold The Fort
1.Ho, my comrades, see the signal,
Waving in the sky!
Reinforcements now appearing,
Victory is nigh.
“Hold the fort, for I am coming,”
Jesus signals still;
Wave the answer back to Heaven,
“By Thy grace we will.”
2.See the mighty host advancing,
Satan leading on;
Mighty ones around us falling,
Courage almost gone!
3.See the glorious banner waving!
Hear the trumpet blow!
In our Leader’s Name we triumph,
Over every foe.
4.Fierce and long the battle rages,
But our help is near;
Onward comes our great Commander,
Cheer, my comrades, cheer!