MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 9 May 2019 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Who Needs Deliverance?
TOPIC: Who Needs Deliverance? (Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministries, MFM Daily Devotional 9 May 2019)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Kings 7-9; John 1:1-28
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Lamentation 5:1-7
MEMORY VERSE: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
Very early in His earthly ministry, Jesus clearly declared His manifesto on earth (Luke 4:18), which was mainly to set free those who have been captured by the devil and are oppressed by powers of darkness, and return God’s blessings to man and the earth.
Who are the captives and who are those oppressed? It is anybody whose life has been tainted, contaminated or defiled in any way by the devil and sin. Romans 3:23 says all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Why? Because Adam’s disobedience and curse were naturally inherited by all men. Even before a man decides to disobey God, sin is already in his blood. Ever wondered where a child leant to lie? It is in the blood!
Some will tell you that the moment you give your life to Christ, you are saved and do not need deliverance. Unfortunately, like at the beginning, the devil is still in the business of deception and he is perfect at hiding in people’s lives in order to block their destinies.
Congratulations if you have given your life to Christ. But you still need to ensure that nothing is standing between you and your portion in Christ. So, who needs deliverance?
GET FREE UPDDATE VIA EMAIL
Check the status of your parents and ancestry. If for example, they were ever in the occult or worshipped idols or went to fake churches or practised polygamy or were ever in prison or into hard drugs or drunkenness or had insanity or were into gambling or were always fighting or are divorced, you need deliverance. If they have blood diseases (hypertension, cancer etc), you need deliverance. If you were conceived in adultery or fornication or your mother ever contemplated aborting your pregnancy or she was raped before she conceived you, you need deliverance. If you were abandoned by one or both parents, you need deliverance. If your mother had a difficult pregnancy or prolonged labour before giving birth to you, you need deliverance. If there is a history of poverty in your family or your father could just not make ends meet or keep a job, you need deliverance.
One or more of these issues constitute an open door for the devil to enter into your life in order to steal, to kill and to destroy, which Jesus says, is the devil’s manifesto. The good news is, Jesus came to destroy the work of the devil.
Beloved, you need to close all the doors of your life against the devil and stop the traffic of demons.
GOD HAS MADE PROVISION FOR AS MANY AS RECEIVED CHRIST AND CALL UPON HIM TO BE ADOPTED AS HIS CHILDREN. NO EVIL CARRY OVERS.
God shall give you rest from all your ancestral burdens.
- Lord Jesus, I thank You for the supreme sacrifice You made in order to rescue man from the wickedness of the devil, in the name of Jesus.
- Here I am Lord, save and redeem me from the powers that afflicted and defeated my parents and ancestors, in the name of Jesus.
- I renounce and denounce every covenant agreement and promise that my parents and ancestors entered with the devil, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, walk through my ancestry, destroy and block everything that is not found in Christ from having a say in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, run through my blood line and flush out every contamination, in the name of Jesus.
- The Lord God of Elijah, release Your fire to consume every devil that entered my life through my parents and ancestors, in the name of Jesus.
- I reject evil inheritance, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)