Table of Contents
GET FREE UPDDATE VIA EMAIL
Join 871 other subscribers
MARCH 2023 PRESERVATION AND POWER COMMUNION SERVICE – WEDNESDAY, 1ST MARCH 2023
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): ACTS 16:25-26
MESSAGE TOPIC: THE PRAISE RESPONSE IN ADVERSITY
By: Dr Paul Enenche
SERVICE OBJECTIVE(S): Understanding the power of the praise response
TYPES OF RESPONSES IN TIMES OF ADVERSITY:
1. Pessimistic and defeatist response
2. Prayer response
3. Praise response
SCRIPTURAL EXAMPLES OF THE PRAISE RESPONSE IN TIMES OF ADVERSITY:
1. We saw the praise response when the Israelites were confronted with the wall of Jericho (Josh. 6:20)
2. We saw the praise response in the battle of Jehoshaphat and Judah against the Moabites, Edomites and Ammonites (2 Chron. 20:22-23)
3. We saw the praise response when Jonah found himself in the belly of the fish (Jonah 2:9-10)
4. We saw the praise response in the situation of scarcity of food in the wilderness for the people (John 6:11-12)
5. We saw the praise response in the prison with Paul and Silas that produced immediate turnaround (Acts 16:25-26)
WHEN IS THE PRAISE RESPONSE CALLED FOR?
1. When you are confronted with disappointment, discouragement or frustration (Isa. 61:3)
2. When you believe that God has heard and answered you even when it doesn’t appear so in reality (Rom. 4:20 Ps. 106:12)
When physical response is to the contrary, you release the response of praise
3. When the enemy expects you to weep, mourn or exist in downcastedness. (Acts 16:25-26)
Anytime the devil wants you to do something, do the opposite; if he wants you to sit down stand up, if he wants you to slow down, speed up; if he wants you to be quiet, shout!
4. When you have done all you know to do and you don’t know what else to do (2 Chron. 20:12, 21-22)
5. When the journey or progress of life seems to come to an abrupt end (Josh. 6:20)
6. When the enemy seems to have done his worst (Ps. 16:8-11)
7. When you deliberately decide to pull the trigger of faith (1 Pet. 1:8)
The praise response is the peak of faith, and every time God sees faith He moves into action
WHAT IS THE OUTCOME OF THE PRAISE RESPONSE?
1. Instant invitation of God into the situation (2 Chron. 20:21-23)
2. Drastic Divine participation and intervention (2 Chron. 20:21-23)
3. Sudden confusion in the camp of the enemy, both spiritual and physical (2 Chron. 20:21-23)
4. The redirection of enemy weapons against themselves (2 Chron. 20:21-23)
5. The collapse of limiting walls, obstacles and oppositions (Josh. 6:20)
6. The dismantling of captivity and chains of bondage (Acts 16:25-26)
7. The establishment of desired victory (2 Chron. 20:23)
When God is in control, nothing can be out of control.
When God takes over, the devil must take cover!
SCRIPTURES FOR THE SEASON
1. Psalm 46:10
Calm down and let God work! It is not your tension that will bring God’s intervention
When men have done their worst the stage is set for God to do His best
2. Psalm 119:126
When the agenda of God is at stake, it is time for Him to work
3. Proverbs 23:17-18
It is not the end yet, until the expectation of God and of His people are realised
Certain circumstances that look concluded, in the eyes of God they are still in process.
4. Daniel 4:17
If God does not give you a crown and you take it for yourself, it is merely a fanciful cap!
5. Ezekiel 21:27
For as long as the crown is not in the right hands, the Lord will overturn things.
Father, thank You for fulfilling these scriptures in our time, our day and our generation, in Jesus’ Name.
COMMUNION FOCUS (Ex. 12:12; Rev. 12:11):
– Communion of Escape
ANOINTING FOCUS (Psalm 105:12-15; Zech. 2:5):
– Oil of Preservation
By this Oil a wall of fire is established around your life