The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 2 May 2019 – Beware Of A Different Gospel!
Click HERE for Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: Beware Of A Different Gospel!
READ: Galatians 1:1-10 New King James Version (NKJV)
- Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead),
- and all the brethren who are with me, To the churches of Galatia:
- Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ,
- who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,
- to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
- I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel,
- which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
- But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
- As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
- For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
In our text today, we encounter some Galatians who had been deceived. And Paul was astonished that they had deserted the grace of Christ and turned to a strange gospel. Anyone who leaves the pure gospel of Christ for a strange gospel will sink into disaster and destruction. Paul made this inherent danger clear in Galatians 1:8.
The gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ contains everything necessary for salvation. This gospel states that Jesus Christ gave Himself humanity once and for all. Hence, when we tie ourselves to the aprons of tradition and culture, we will be indirectly attempting to nullify the finished work of Christ on the Cross (Galatians 1:4).
Be vigilant and watchful, there are strange gospels and doctrines of demons around us today coming from all directions.
They include: homosexuality, sodomy, same-sex marriage not being sins, the story of Adam and Eve alleged to be a fable, hell and heaven alleged not to be real, life ending here on earth with nothing like eternity, non-existence of God, no second coming of Jesus, no judgment day, all religions leading to God, etc. Very close to us are false visioners, dreamers, prophets and those whose bellies are their gods. Be careful and watchful not to be a victim. Learn to stick to the word of God.
Prayer: God please deliver us from strange gospels in Jesus Name.