The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 12 June 2019 – Do You Have Something To Praise God For?
TOPIC: Do You Have Something To Praise God For?
READ: PSALMS 9:1-20King James Version (KJV)
- I will praise You, O Lord , with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works.
- I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.
- When my enemies turn back, They shall fall and perish at Your presence.
- For You have maintained my right and my cause; You sat on the throne judging in righteousness.
- You have rebuked the nations, You have destroyed the wicked; You have blotted out their name forever and ever.
- O enemy, destructions are finished forever! And you have destroyed cities; Even their memory has perished.
- But the Lord shall endure forever; He has prepared His throne for judgment.
- He shall judge the world in righteousness, And He shall administer judgment for the peoples in uprightness.
- The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble.
- And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord , have not forsaken those who seek You.
- Sing praises to the Lord , who dwells in Zion! Declare His deeds among the people.
- When He avenges blood, He remembers them; He does not forget the cry of the humble.
- Have mercy on me, O Lord ! Consider my trouble from those who hate me, You who lift me up from the gates of death,
- That I may tell of all Your praise In the gates of the daughter of Zion. I will rejoice in Your salvation.
- The nations have sunk down in the pit which they made; In the net which they hid, their own foot is caught.
- The Lord is known by the judg ment He executes; The wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Meditation. Selah
- The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the nations that forget God.
- For the needy shall not always be forgotten; The expectation of the poor shall not perish forever.
- Arise, O Lord , Do not let man prevail; Let the nations be judged in Your sight.
- Put them in fear, O Lord , That the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah
Today’s text begins with David praising God in his lips (verses 1&2). He praises God for His marvelous works in his life, namely: (1) Turning back his enemies (2) Vindicating the cause of the righteous (3) Rebuking the heathen and (4) Destroying the destroyer. In verses 7-12, he acclaims that since the Lord renders right judgment without prejudice, he can be rest assured of having a place of refuge in God’s care. In verses 13 and 14, he prays for deliverance from those who oppressed him.
GET FREE UPDDATE VIA EMAIL
God has done so many wonderful things for us and we should praise Him every day. All the reasons adduced by the psalmist and many more we cannot count, should drive us to the place of praise. Praising God is an affirmation of God’s goodness and open doors for greater blessings. Never cease to praise God.
PRAYER: Take time to pray, praise and thank God for all His marvelous works in your life, especially for deliverance from your enemies.