Topic: Prayers For The Church
(Open Heaven 6 March 2020)
Memorise: “These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.” – Acts 1:14
Read: Acts 1:1-18 (KJV)
1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day’s journey.
13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)
16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.
18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
Bible in One Year: Numbers 28-30
Open Heaven 6 March 2020 Friday MESSAGE:
1. Praise the Head of the Church, glorify the One who established the Body of Christ, bless His name, adore His excellency, exalt Him above all things.
2. Father, let Your fire fall and put an end to all forms of Lukewarmness in Your Church.
3. Father, let Your fire fall and consume any agent of the devil, any plant that You have not planted in Your Church.
4. Father, You promised us that the gate of hell will not prevail against Your Church; destroy every enemy of the Church today, in the mighty name of Jesus.
5. Father, empower Your Church as in the days of old so that miracles will become commonplace again amongst us.
6. Father, unite Your Church like the Apostles were united at the Upper Room so that we can begin to do the impossible. Remove strife, envy and unhealthy competition in Your Church.
7. Father, let Your Church not be ordinary, let our voices be heard and impact felt all over the world in the mighty name of Jesus.
8. Father, please help every local assembly that needs Your help in one way or the other.
9. Father, raise faithful men who will be sold out to You in this generation, to serve You with all their heart and all their might.
10. Father, every assembly or denomination where there is conflict, please Lord, calm the storm.
11. Father, every group, society or establishment terrorising Your Church, if they refuse to repent, send Your fire into their midst and let them destroy themselves in the mighty name of Jesus.
12. Pray for your local assembly.
I join my faith with yours and pray that God will grant your request in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 6 March 2020 Friday Key Point:
An excellent spirit should be in every Christian because we have the excellent Father living in us.
Open Heaven 6 March 2020 Friday Hymn 30: When We Walk With The Lord
1 When we walk with the Lord
in the light of his word,
what a glory he sheds on our way!
While we do his good will,
he abides with us still,
and with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
2 Not a burden we bear,
not a sorrow we share,
but our toil he doth richly repay;
not a grief or a loss,
not a frown or a cross,
but is blest if we trust and obey.
3 But we never can prove
the delights of his love
until all on the altar we lay;
for the favor he shows,
for the joy he bestows,
are for them who will trust and obey.
4 Then in fellowship sweet
we will sit at his feet,
or we’ll walk by his side in the way;
what he says we will do,
where he sends we will go;
never fear, only trust and obey.