MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 18 May 2019 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – A Life: Joyous Life
TOPIC — A Life: Joyous Life (Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministries, MFM Daily Devotional 18 May 2019)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Chronicles 4-6; John 6:1-21
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Psalm 48:1-9
MEMORY VERSE: “Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our LORD: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.” – Nehemiah 8:10
Where is our joy in everyday life? As children of God, do we have joy? The overflowing joy, the joy that is our strength? It is not ‘happiness’ cause ‘happiness’ comes with when something good ‘happens’, it is not everlasting, but joy is. How can we enlighten our lives to have this joy? How do we locate this path that leads to joy? The Lord is our source of light and joy.
Every child of God wants to be happy. The Lord created the earth and gave us everything that we might be happy and joyful yet we constantly feel and hear that our lives bring no joy, the enemy darkens our hearts, and this darkness distorts our lives result, in a wrong perception of life. We make wrong moves, speak wrong words, and make wrong judgements and conclusions about God. This state leads to unhappiness and separation from God. Since the time of the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, sin has stuck to our nature and has kept us in bondage. Everything is diluted with sin and because of sin, we lose the joy of life. We spend our days taking care of business, being frustrated, irritated, gathering over unimportant things and feeling unhappy, worthless and lonely because we are slaves to material things.
So what do we do? It is possible to have joy, and be joyful. We need to exert every effort through God’s grace to obtain this treasure, which is hidden in us and around us.
- Firstly, we need to establish a relationship with God through our salvation.
- We need to call upon Him in prayer, always.
- We should read and soak ourselves in His word.
- We should make positive confessions. Many desire to have joy but they are far from God, the true source of joy. You can bid sorrow farewell today and begin to experience the perfect joy of God. It is available for those who give their lives to Him, live in His will and ask for it in their prayer.
Beloved, I pray that the joy of the Lord will be yours and be your strength from today, in the name of Jesus.
WHEN OUR LIVES ARE FILLED WITH PEACE, FAITH AND JOY, PEOPLE WILL WANT TO KNOW THE GOD WE SERVE.
The joy of the Lord shall forever fill your lives.
- Let evil pursue all unrepentant evil workers, in the name of Jesus.
- I neutralise every power of tragedy, in the name of Jesus.
- No evil shall overtake me, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil preparation against me be frustrated, in the name of Jesus.
- Let every dead area of my blessing receive resurrection now, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, let my blessing be dumbfounding, in the name of Jesus.
- Let every embargo on my progress fall down and scatter, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)