MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 15 May 2019 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Godly Sorrow versus Worldly Sorrow
TOPIC: Godly Sorrow versus Worldly Sorrow (Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministries, MFM Daily Devotional 15 May 2019)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Kings 22-23; John 4:31-54
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Psalm 51:1-19
MEMORY VERSE: “For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.” – 2 Corinthians 7:10
The day we all give our lives to Christ, the first step we are required to take is that of repentance. It means we are asked to review our past wrong doings, regret all of them, and turn over a new leaf, with the resolve to never go back to the old ways. No wonder Jesus’ very first message, immediately after His baptism and overcoming the devil in the wilderness, was for all to repent (Matthew 4:17). No wonder too that the Bible says that if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature, the old things have passed away and all things are new. That is what it means to be born again (2 Corinthians 5:17). MFM Daily Devotional 13 May 2019 – Global Poverty Headquarters (II)
The majority of Christians gave their lives to Christ because they were told that it is the way to find a solution to problems in their lives. For some, repentance is being sorry that they were caught in the wrong doing. They do not care about the impact of their wrong doing on God or their fellow men. For others, repentance makes them see the filth in their lives and run to Jesus for cleansing. It was David’s genuine repentance after the adultery and murder of Uriah that made him compose Psalm 51.
The difference between the reactions of Simon Peter and Judas Iscariot to their individual betrayal of Jesus Christ is a good illustration of what repentance is, and what it is not. On one hand, Peter saw what fear made him to do to his Lord and Master, he regretted, went out and wept bitterly, changed his heart and ways, and never betrayed his Lord again, even when he was being crucified upside down. On the other hand, Judas felt disgraced, and selfishly killed himself, thereby falling into unforgivable sin. Peter’s repentance is Godly repentance which 2 Corinthians 7:10 tells us will lead to a changed heart and life that leads to salvation and no regrets. As against Judas’ worldly repentance which produces death.
What kind of repentance is yours in Christ? Are you genuinely sorry for the sexual immorality or deceit or drunkenness or anger or love of money or whatever it was that got you into trouble before you gave your life to Christ? Or you have just suppressed them and any little thing pushes you back into them. MFM Daily Devotional 4 May 2019 – What Do You Have In Your Hand?
Beloved, our God is a God of new beginnings. The humiliation, suffering and death that He went through at Calvary was to ensure that we are free from sin forever.
JESUS HAS GIVEN US ALL SHOES OF IRON TO TRAMPLE ON THE SERPENTS AND SCORPION OF SIN.
Receive the power to resist the devil and put him to flight.
- Eternal King of Glory, I thank You for the salvation of my soul and the peace and freedom that it gives, in the name of Jesus.
- Merciful God, I confess all my sins (name them), repent, and plead for forgiveness and the power to resist the devil by all means, in the name of Jesus.
- O God my Father, I am still struggling with the following sins in my life (name them), Help me to overcome them, no matter the cost, in the name of Jesus.
- O God my Father, kill the following sins of my parents (name them, if you know them), I refuse to inherit evil, in the name of Jesus.
- I barricade my life against the spirit of Judas, in the name of Jesus.
- Covenant keeping God, I dedicate, covenant and consecrate my life afresh to you, in the name of Jesus.
- You that stubborn affliction that has vowed to make me go back, receive the fire of God and die, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)