Table of Contents
Daily Scripture for today 24 November 2023 GENESIS 30: 14 – 24
BASIC SCRIPTURE: GENESIS 30: 14 – 24
14 And Reuben went in the days of wheat harvest, and found mandrakes in the field, and brought them unto his mother Leah. Then Rachel said to Leah, Give me, I pray thee, of thy son’s mandrakes.
15 And she said unto her, Is it a small matter that thou hast taken my husband? and wouldest thou take away my son’s mandrakes also? And Rachel said, Therefore he shall lie with thee to night for thy son’s mandrakes.
16 And Jacob came out of the field in the evening, and Leah went out to meet him, and said, Thou must come in unto me; for surely I have hired thee with my son’s mandrakes. And he lay with her that night.
17 And God hearkened unto Leah, and she conceived, and bare Jacob the fifth son.
18 And Leah said, God hath given me my hire, because I have given my maiden to my husband: and she called his name Issachar.
19 And Leah conceived again, and bare Jacob the sixth son.
20 And Leah said, God hath endued me with a good dowry; now will my husband dwell with me, because I have born him six sons: and she called his name Zebulun.
Support the Good work on this Blog Donate in $ God Bless you
GET FREE UPDDATE VIA EMAIL
21 And afterwards she bare a daughter, and called her name Dinah.
22 And God remembered Rachel, and God hearkened to her, and opened her womb.
23 And she conceived, and bare a son; and said, God hath taken away my reproach:
24 And she called his name Joseph; and said, The Lord shall add to me another son.
BASIC SCRIPTURE ONLINE 24 November 2023
In Genesis 30:14-24, there’s a narrative about the rivalry between Leah and Rachel, wives of Jacob, and their use of mandrakes, believed to enhance fertility. The passage also highlights the births of some of Jacob’s sons.
FINISH READING: ODM Daily ONLINE 24 November 2023
Here are some devotional prayers inspired by this passage:
- Gratitude for Blessings: “Dear God, like Leah and Rachel, I thank You for the blessings in my life. Help me recognize and be grateful for the good things You provide, both big and small.”
- Patience and Trust in Your Timing: “Heavenly Father, sometimes I feel impatient, like Rachel longing for children. Teach me to trust Your timing and have faith that Your plans for me are perfect.”
- Contentment in All Circumstances: “Lord, help me find contentment like Leah, even in situations that may not be what I expected. Guide me to see the beauty and purpose in every circumstance.”
- Intercession for Others’ Needs: “God, just as Leah and Rachel desired children, I lift up the desires and needs of those around me. May You grant their heartfelt prayers and fulfill their needs according to Your will.”
- Faithfulness and Integrity: “Lord, like Jacob, help me live with integrity and faithfulness in all my relationships. Grant me wisdom to navigate challenging situations and relationships with grace and honor.”
- Acknowledgment of Your Sovereignty: “Heavenly Father, I acknowledge Your sovereignty over my life. Help me surrender my desires and plans to Your perfect will, trusting in Your guidance.”
Reflecting on this passage can encourage gratitude for blessings, patience in waiting, contentment, intercession for others, integrity in relationships, and trust in God’s sovereignty. Through prayer and reflection, one can draw lessons and apply them to their own life circumstances.